In this special worker solidarity livestream recorded on February 15, TRNN Editor-in-Chief Maximillian Alvarez spoke with workers involved in the ongoing unionization struggles and strikes at Warrior Met Coal, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Medieval Times, Temple University, and Hastings Schools food service, including Haeden Wright, president of UMWA Auxiliary Locals 2368 and 2245; Bob Batz Jr., interim editor at Pittsburgh Union Progress; Erin Zapcic, union steward for Medieval Times Performers United Buena Park; Austin Martin with the Temple University Graduate Students’ Association (TUGSA); and Laurie Potthoff, a cook at Hastings High School in Minnesota.
2022 was a year of intense labor struggle, and that struggle has very much carried over into 2023. If we want to see the labor movement grow, we need to be there for workers when it counts the most, and we need to do whatever we can to make sure they win their fights.
To read the transcript, click here: https://therealnews.com/striking-workers-need-our-help-to-keep-fighting-in-2023
Links to strike/hardship funds:
– UMWA strike fund: https://umwa.org/umwa2021strikefund
– Strike pantry fund for Warrior Met Coal strikers: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/UMWAStrikePantry
– Support Striking Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Workers: https://cwa-union.org/support-striking-pittsburgh-post-gazette-workers
– SEIU Local 284 petition: https://act.seiu.org/a/isd200-fair-contract-now
-SEIU Local 284 strike fund: https://act.seiu.org/a/isd200-fair-contract-now
– Medieval Times Performers United, Buena Park, strike fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-show-cast-and-knights-at-medieval-times
– Temple University Graduate Students Association strike fund: https://tugsa.betterworld.org/campaigns/tugsa-strike-fund