In reference to the below incident that occurred on Monday, July 3rd, 2023, at approximately 8:28 pm., Philadelphia Police have arrested an individual identified as 40-year-old Kimbrady Carriker from the 5600 block of Belmar Terrace. On Wednesday, July 5th, 2023, below charges were filed.
- CC2502 Murder.
- CC2502A Murder.
- CC2702 Aggravated Assault.
- CC6106 VUFA No License.
- CC0907 Possession of an Instrument of Crime.
- CC6108 VUFA on the Street.
- CC2701 Simple Assault.
- CC2705 Recklessly Endangering another Person.
Septuple Shooting/Quintuple Homicide—1600 S. 56th St.
On Monday, July 3, 2023, at 8:28 pm, Philadelphia Police officers responded to a call for a person with a gun and shooting on the 1600 block of S. 56th St. Upon arrival, officers located multiple shooting victims along an extensive scene.
Six shooting victims were transported to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where four of the victims were pronounced. Two shooting victims were listed in stable condition. Two other persons sustained injuries from shattered glass and were listed in stable condition.
On Tuesday, July 4, 2023, at 12:19 am, Philadelphia Police officers were directed to 16xx S. 56th St. where a fifth shooting victim was located. There, officers found an unresponsive male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced by PFD medics at 12:34 am.
- Victim #1 (deceased): Lashyd Merritt, 20/M, from the 5500 block of Greenway Ave., shot multiple times in the chest and arm, pronounced at 8:43 pm.
- Victim #2 (deceased): Dymir Stanton, 29/M, from the 1700 block of S. Frazier St., shot in the chest and back, pronounced at 8:43 pm.
- Victim #3 (deceased): Ralph Moralis, 59/M, from the 1700 block of S. 56th St., shot in the head, side, and buttocks, pronounced at 8:47 pm.
- Victim #4 (deceased): Daujan Brown, 15/M, unknown residence, shot in the shoulder, chest, and back, pronounced at 8:40 pm.
- Victim #5 (deceased): Joseph Wamah, Jr., 31/M, from the 1600 block of S. 56th St., shot multiple times, pronounced at 12:34 am by PFD medics.
- Victim #6: 2/M, suffering from four gunshot wounds to the legs.
- Victim #7: 13/M, suffering from two gunshot wounds to the legs.
Injured from glass during shooting:
- Victim #8: 33/F.
- Victim #9: 2/M.