Albuquerque Police Academy Week 5 Day 29 of 182. The APD Academy cadets are out at the Albuquerque Police Department Training Range where they’ll be spending the next two weeks on section DPS 15.1
Below is list of some of the basic requirements one must meet prior to becoming an Albuquerque Police Officer. http://www.apdonline.com/benefits.html
1) Must be 21 years of age by graduation from the Academy.
2) Must have a valid driver’s license.
3) Must be a United States citizen.
4) Must have 60 hours from an accredited college (minimum 2.0 GPA)
5) College credit requirement will be waived if you have 3 years of active military service and an honorable discharge (General Discharge will be considered case by case), as stipulated on your DD-214.
6) College credit may be waived if you have 3 years Law Enforcement experience from the date of initial certification.
7) Must not have committed a misdemeanor within the last 3 years.
8) Must not have used an illegal drug (i.e. LSD) within the last 3 years.
9) Must not have used marijuana within the last 3 years.
10) An applicant cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Act.
11) Must not have committed a DWI within the last 5 years whether from an administrative sanction by a Motor Vehicle Department, a criminal conviction or a military disciplinary action.
12) Must not have committed multiple DWIs within the last 10 years whether from an administrative sanction by a Motor Vehicle Department, a criminal conviction or a military disciplinary action.
13) No felony convictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WhtAS0HJzQ ** (Disclaimer: This video content is intended for educational and informational purposes only) **