http://fireandpolicevideos.com is at the Albuquerque Police Academy with 107th cadet class. The APD Academy cadets are on day 24 of 182. The cadets are issued their department firearms and will began 80 hours of DPS firearms training during the next two weeks.
Take a look at the employment benefits being offered by The City of Albuquerque to Albuquerque Police Department officers by visiting the APD Academy website: http://www.apdonline.com/benefits.html
Below is list of some of the basic requirements one must meet prior to
becoming an Albuquerque Police Officer.
1) Must be 21 years of age by graduation from the Academy.
2) Must have a valid driver’s license.
3) Must be a United States citizen.
4) Must have 60 hours from an accredited college (minimum 2.0 GPA)
5) College credit requirement will be waived if you have 3 years of
active military service and an honorable discharge (General Discharge
will be considered case by case), as stipulated on your DD-214.
6) College credit may be waived if you have 3 years Law Enforcement
experience from the date of initial certification.
7) Must not have committed a misdemeanor within the last 3 years.
8) Must not have used an illegal drug (i.e. LSD) within the last 3 years.
9) Must not have used marijuana within the last 3 years.
10) An applicant cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Act.
11) Must not have committed a DWI within the last 5 years whether from
an administrative sanction by a Motor Vehicle Department, a criminal
conviction or a military disciplinary action.
12) Must not have committed multiple DWIs within the last 10 years
whether from an administrative sanction by a Motor Vehicle Department,
a criminal conviction or a military disciplinary action.
13) No felony convictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uC5BR3diwU ** (Disclaimer: This video content is intended for educational and informational purposes only) **